Known as the world’s most complete 3D rendering software for high-end visualization and production. V-Ray is a production-proven rendering software. Known for its versatility and ability to handle any type of project – from massive, dynamic scenes having thousands of lights to a sublime still life – it is the go-to solution for artists and designers across 3D industries. V-Ray is an Academy Award-winning, industry-standard, production-proven rendering software. And iRender Render Farm is a Professional GPU-Acceleration cloud rendering for V-Ray projects with Cinema 4D, Maya, 3dsMax, Blender, Houdini, Modo, Nuke, Rhinoceros, SketchUp and so on. The most powerful server ( 8 x GPU RTX 3090/3080) to offer you the maximum speed for your high-end production renderings.
What is V-ray for 3dsmax system requirements :
This is the information on what hardware and operating systems are required for V-Ray to work properly. The requirements listed here are for the latest version of V-Ray in 3ds Max. Please make sure that your system meets the requirements listed below before installing V-Ray.
- Processor: 1st Gen Intel® Core™ or compatible processor with SSE4.2 support (x64)
- RAM: Minimum 8 GB RAM, recommended 64 GB RAM
- Operating system:Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 operating system.
- Autodesk® 3ds Max: 3ds Max® 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 (64-bit)
- GPU Acceleration: NVIDIA CUDA with the minimum required compute capability 5.2*: Maxwell-, Pascal-, Volta- and Turing-based NVIDIA card(s) with latest video driver or at least version 442.54; NVIDIA RTX with compute capability 5.21: RTX cards with latest recommended video driver or version 442.54; 2GB VRAM. V-Ray Production Denoiser: AMD or NVIDIA GPU supporting OpenCL 1.2; NVIDIA AI Denoiser: Maxwell, Pascal, Volta or Turing-based NVIDIA card with driver version 441.28
As you can see in the video, V-ray for 3ds Max is suitable for all available servers at iRender, but of course, there will be differences in performance.
With CPU rendering, iRender also provides servers with unmatched speed for rendering V-ray with Intel Xeon W-2245 @ 3.90GHz, 8 cores, 16 threads, 128GB RAM, 512GB to 1TB Storage and a GPU Nvidia RTX 3090, which is totally higher than recommended system requirements.
With GPU rendering, we have options for multi-card server GPU packages with details below:
The difference in rendering performance is evident for single-card GPU and multi-card GPU packages as you can see in the video. However, these servers are the ultimate online solution for V-ray for 3ds Max rendering allowing up to multiple, powerful GPU multi-card servers. And, you can control the power and performance for the highest level customization and configuration in application resource usage. These servers are the premier solutions to maximize your advantage when you need it most – to win the project, to meet the impossible deadline, or pivot your visual direction with unparalleled speed. It depends on your projects scale, your plan, your settings and your budget that you can choose your most suitable server.
Chaos Group has two different versions of their rendering engine: (1) V-Ray Next CPU and (2) V-Ray Next GPU (previously V-Ray Adv and V-Ray RT, respectively). The first is a CPU-based rendering engine that benefits greatly from having a high number of CPU cores. In fact, it scales almost perfectly with more cores which makes a high core count CPU – and even configurations with multiple physical CPUs – excellent for performance. For that version, we strongly recommend a dual CPU configuration.
On the other hand, V-Ray Next GPU (V-Ray RT) uses GPUs – as the name indicates – to perform the rendering calculations. In October 2020, V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D was released.
Let’s see a rendering test with V-Ray & Cinema 4D project on server (4x RTX 3090) at iRender:
Houdini is a 3D animation software application developed by SideFX. Houdini is most commonly used in FX departments for the creation of visual effects in film and game. It is used by major VFX companies such as Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, DreamWorks Animation, Double Negative, ILM, MPC, Framestore, and others. Houdini has been used in various feature animation productions, including Disney’s feature films Fantasia 2000, Frozen and Zootopia; the Blue Sky Studios film Rio, DNA Productions’ Ant Bully as well.
V-Ray for Houdini is a production-proven CPU & GPU rendering software for high-end VFX and animation. It comes with all the tools artists need to render amazing-looking procedural effects. Seamlessly integrated in Houdini, it enables smooth scene exchange and iterations between Houdini and other DCC applications.
Let’s see a rendering test with V-Ray & Houdini project on server (4x RTX 3090) at iRender:
The GPU-accelerated version of V-Ray is able to utilize multiple GPUs and does so very effectively. It will not be a perfect “4 GPUs is 4x faster”, but you can expect significant performance improvements with every card you add. However, since V-Ray is using the cards for compute purposes they do not need to be in SLI mode.
Running multiple GeForce RTX 30 Series video cards provides excellent scaling in V-Ray Next GPU. Looking just at the results of secondary cards, we can see that stacking a few of those will give fantastic rendering performance. It is almost perfect scaling from 1 -> 2 – > 3 GPUs. Especially, scaling from a second video card is still respectable – in the range of 83 to 93% improvement. This mirrors what we have seen in some other GPU rendering engines, like OctaneRender. That’s the reason we recommend using at least 2 GPUs for V-Ray Next & Maya to get the best performance.
At iRender, we have developed multiple RTX 3090 workstations specifically optimized and configured for GPU rendering workflows, from single- GPU 1x RTX 3090 to Multi-GPU 2/4/6/8 x RTX 3090, you can choose one server that is suitable for your demand and your software to get started. You are guaranteed to experience maximum performance for your budget.
With the mentioned system configuration requirements for V-ray, you may consider investing in your own machine or upgrading your existing computer. Or another attractive option is to use the service at iRender to get great advantages because of the following reasons:
- As you all know, iRender provides high performance and configurable server system to customers who need to utilize the power of CPU & GPU such as 3D rendering, AI training, VR&AR, simulation, etc. With iRender IaaS and PaaS services, you can access our server through the Remote Desktop Application and do whatever you want and install any software you need on it. It is like you are using your own computer but with a powerful configuration and much higher performance. In particular, you only need to install the software for the first time, the next time you connect to the computer everything is ready for you to use.
- Of course, We support all 3d software with V-Ray: 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender, Modo, SketchUp, Rhino, Softimage, Revit and so on.
- You can use iRender’s machines to render, and use yours for other purposes (such as designing or editing other files). This could save you time a lot, especially when you have a large project and a deadline is coming.
- iRender provides you with powerful configuration packages with high performance that can speed up your rendering and improve your job quality. These are configurations of multi-card GPU servers that you should take into consideration if you want to have great performance with V-ray. And it also depends on the scale of your project to decide which is the most suitable one.
- Another great feature that iRender brings to customers is day/ week/month rental packages with high discounts (10% for daily packages, 20% on weekly packages, and more on monthly packages) which is extremely beneficial for regular long-term users or large projects.
- Real human 24/7 support service, helping you to handle the problem quickly, and effectively, saving you both time and money.
With the benefits iRender gives you as well as the configuration that is very suitable for every V-ray version, do not hesitate to use the service at iRender to have a great experience with your rendering time. Register for an account HERE today and receive free testing credits to experience our service. Or contact us via WhatsApp: (+84) 912 515 500 or Support Email: [email protected] for advice and support.
iRender – Happy Rendering!