Hello every artist, especially Animators and VFX artists, as you guys know Autodesk Maya, which is commonly shortened to just Maya, is a 3D computer graphics application with powerful character creation, rigging, animation, and simulation tools. Maya software is developed by Alias Systems Corporation and is currently owned and developed by Autodesk. Moreover, it can create the best effects, and fantasy characters and minimize the cost of making a movie with a highly customizable language.
Certainly, almost all of you know about Redshift software. This renderer is not only the world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer but also it is now part of the Maxon family. Redshift is developed by three key staff including Nicolas Burtnyk, Panagiotis (Panos) Zompolas, and Rob Slater. Three people are talented and have an important position in developing Redshift’s success. Redshift develops high-performance rendering technologies for the media and entertainment industries. Furthermore, the award-winning Redshift by Maxon is a GPU-accelerated renderer built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering.
By the way, Redshift is built into Autodesk Maya, which makes shader configuration easy with node-based workflow.
Redshift works with a number of industry-standard applications including Autodesk Maya for seamless integration into your pipeline. Here is the Maya software version supported by Redshift:
- Autodesk Maya (Windows, Linux): 64-bit edition. 2014 or later
- Autodesk Maya (macOS): 64-bit edition. 2016.5 or later
There are key features of Maya:
- Instancer: Support for Autodesk’s extension for node managing instances of scene objects created by a MASH network.
- XGen: Support for Autodesk’s own geometry instancer for Maya.
- Ornatrix Maya: Support for the super popular hair, fur, and feathers plug-in for Maya.
- PL Yeti: Support for the popular fur, hair, and feathers tool-set for Maya.
- Joe Alter: Support for Shave and a Haircut the veteran Maya hair and fur plugin.
- Golaem: Support for the popular crowd simulation software for Maya.
- Microsoft Windows: 64-bit Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Linux® Red Hat® Enterprise 8.2, 7.6-7.9 WS operating system
- Linux® CentOS 8.2, 7.6-7.9 operating system
- Apple macOS: Big Sur (11.3) or higher
- Nvidia Guide for Virtualization with GRID & VMWare
For Autodesk Maya
- CPU: 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor with SSE4.2 instruction set Apple Mac models with M series chip is supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
- Graphics Hardware: Refer to the following pages for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards: Maya Certified Hardware.
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended).
- Disk Space: 6 GB of free disk space for installation.
- Pointing Device: Three-button mouse
- 16GB of system memory or more
- Core i7 or Xeon equivalent, 3.0GHz or higher
- For Windows and Linux: NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 7.0 or higher and 10GB of VRAM or more. We recommend an NVIDIA Quadro, Titan or GeForce RTX GPU for hardware-accelerated ray tracing
- For macOS: Apple M1 or AMD “Navi” or “Vega” GPU with 8GB VRAM or more. See GPU list below
- Multiple GPUs
As I know, multiple graphic cards can boost performance or speed up the rendering process in Redshift for Maya. Therefore, iRender provides servers with powerful GPUs: 2/4/6/8x RTX 3090 machines. Following are the servers’ configurations:
Our servers’ configurations not only surpass Maya’s minimum System Requirements, but they also bring effective features for use.
- We have servers with multiple strong GPUs uniformity: Nvidia 2/4/6/8x RTX 3090. Redshift can be configured to use all compatible GPUs on our machine.
- Our servers have RAM of 128GB (GPU Server 3) and 256GB (GPU server 4P, 5P, 8, and 9). While the exact amount of RAM you need is going to depend on your particular projects, for Redshift or Maya, they just recommend from 8GB to 16GB. So our servers fully meet users’ needs. Besides, we provide storage (NVMe SSD) up to 2TB.
- iRender’s servers use Nvidia GPUs with a VRAM capacity of 24GB. It is above the minimum and recommended requirements of Redshift.
- In Redshift, as well as most other GPU-based engines, the CPU does not play a direct role in the process of rendering scenes. It does have a small impact on the time spent loading a scene, but that is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things. However, if you are also using the same system for modeling or animation – in a program like Autodesk Maya – then you will want a CPU with a high clock speed in order to ensure good performance in those applications. Therefore, our servers’ processors: AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro and Intel Xeon W-2245 also completely met your requirements when working with Redshift for Maya and doing other multiple tasks.
- Currently, iRender provides service with two operating systems: 64-bit Windows 10 and 64-bit distribution Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with Glibc 2.27, ensuring the recommended operating system that Redshift with Maya requires.
Let’s watch at Redshift benchmark when rendering in iRender’s six graphic cards via the video below:
And you can see the the benefit about the time when you use iRender’s packages:
In general, rent a Cloud GPU server to benefit from easy and cost-effective hardware infrastructure expansion. Our RTX 3090 servers are ideal for all your Autodesk Maya and any renderer you wish to use with it such as Redshift, Arnold, etc. Depending on your project and budget, you can select one of the configurations to speed up the rendering process.
We support almost all software or render engines that run on Windows or Ubuntu. You just need to install the software that you want on our servers. Moreover, you just install them only once when you connect to servers for the first time. All the applications you installed are saved and preserved on the system image(s) for your future sessions.
iRender Drive is a tool that we developed to transfer and store files same as Google Drive, Dropbox, Wetransfer, etc. This tool enables you to:
- Transfer your project files from your computer to our server(s) before connecting to the server(s)
- Get the rendered result back from our server(s) to your computer when you finish your rendering on the server(s).
After uploading data to the tool, they will be automatically synchronized to the Z drive which is a network drive on the remote server. Depending on the amount of data you upload, it will take time to sync them to the remote server.
In addition, you can use iRender Drive tool for free and even can use it without connecting to our server. You don’t have to pay for the time of uploading/downloading/storing files. Furthermore, you can have a storage space of up to 1TB free.
Note: You should pack all of the files which are necessary when you transfer from your computer to our remote server(s). By doing that, you do not have to worry about missing files.
We provide plenty of both GPU and CPU servers for you. They are very powerful and top-of-the-line hardware cause we always try to upgrade configurations regularly.
You take complete control of our server. Do not share the performance of the configuration with others while you use it.
You will only have to pay for the time (per minute, per hour) that you have used our server. However, if you want to use our service on a regular basis, you can choose a long-term plan to get more discount. That suggestion is suitable for studios or companies that have big projects that take days, weeks, or even months to finish the render. You can save from 10% to 30% with the Fixed rental feature.
Compared to the hourly price, the daily price is 10% off and the weekly & monthly price is 20% off, for every server.
The team is very supportive all the time. So if you have any problems, you will be supported immediately. You can contact your own assistant or support team at iRender when you need them. We will try to handle your issue on time and you just focus on your creative projects. Besides, we have a clear policy for specific refund cases. You can refer to it here: Term & Conditions.
The Prime customers, who are premium members, top up from $3000. You do have not to activate the key every time you use our server and deactivate the key before shutting down. This ensures keeping the entire number of resets.
Read more here: How to use iRender Redshift license.
With all of the advantages that we provide, I think you can choose the best package for your needs and your budget at iRender. We not only have powerful configurations, but also we have excellent service with a great support team. In addition, we want to bring a comfortable and helpful feeling to all customers. They will always be satisfied when they use our service.
Finally, you can get more images to get done in time. Do not worry about your deadline, just focus on your project, from now with iRender.
Let’s register HERE right now and reach out to the best service that you have never known before.
You’re in trouble with rendering speed? Okay, we’ve got you!