Daz3D can be used for a variety of applications including filming professional looking movies for the big screen, for animating films and commercials, computer graphics, and even as an instructional tool. Users can add depth to their models by using textures and paint effects and also enhance lighting and shading by using special light sources. Blender is an advanced piece of software. New users can get put off by the complex interface and turn to more straightforward options like Daz Studio. Don’t worry though, whatever your reason for switching between tools, this Blog’s Today will show you how to move your characters over from Daz to Blender.
Blender is a mature, open-source 3D graphic suite that’s used by a wide array of industries to animate, model, sculpt, and simulate. Its free availability and extensive set of features attract a diverse group of users to its ever-growing and active community. However, Blender is an advanced piece of software. New users can get put off by the complex interface and turn to more straightforward options like Daz Studio. Don’t worry though, whatever your reason for switching between tools, this Blog’s Today will show you how to move your characters over from Daz to Blender.
Daz Studio is a great tool that can quickly build and animate characters. It’s a great go-to for users looking for a fast solution, in addition to having an extensive library of free and paid models to work with. However, there are some common limitations that content creators face while trying to start using the tool. For example, those of us running Linux need to simulate Daz Studio using software like Wine, complicating setup and potentially introducing performance limitations. Another reason to convert is that Daz Studio is not open-source, unlike Blender, which for certain projects can introduce an element of risk. While Daz Studio is a good starting point for characters, some users look for more features when it comes to modeling.
Before starting the conversion process you’ll need to have the following:
- Blender version 2.90.1 or higher installed on your computer
- Daz Studio 18.104.22.168 or higher installed on your computer
- A Daz character to import into Blender
It’s very important that you install Daz Studio using the link above to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version. This guide uses the Daz to Blender Bridge, which is a new feature that may not be compatible with older versions. Lastly, if you don’t have a character model in mind, we suggest using the built-in “Dragon Slayer” Genesis model to follow along with the steps below.
In order to get Daz Studio to talk to Blender, you need to install the Daz to Blender Bridge, which is designed to simplify the conversion process between the two pieces of software.
First, you need to install the bridge:
- While logged into your Daz account, navigate to the Daz Store and “purchase” the Daz to Blender Bridge (for free) to add it to your account.
- Open up DazCentral (which is used to manage Daz products), look for the Daz to Blender Bridge and select “Install.”
- You should now see a new menu option in Daz Studio called “Bridges”.
Don’t worry if you need to go through the Daz checkout process to get the Bridge; the plug-in is free and you don’t need a credit card to complete the transaction. Once you go through the checkout process, you may need to refresh or reopen DazCentral in order to see that the plug-in has been added to your account.
Next, we need to make sure that the Bridge is enabled in Blender:
- Open up Blender and navigate to: “Edit > Preferences > Add-ons”.
- In the Add-ons menu, look for “Armature: DazToBlender”.
- Enable the checkbox for the plug-in and exit the preferences menu.
- Expand the toolbox by clicking on the arrow near the Scene Collection.
- You should now see a “DazToBlender” tab under the “View” tab.
With Daz and Blender set up, we can finally get to the fun part of moving our model over to Blender!
- Make sure your chosen character is selected in the Scene tab.
- Go to “Scripts > Bridges > Blender > Daz to Blender” and start the conversion process. If you get a popup window, hit accept with the default value.
- When Daz is done processing, open Blender and look for the “DazToBlender” tab in the toolbox near the Scene Collection. If all has gone well, you should see an option to import your model.
- To finish, select import and then press okay.
iRender is a GPU-Acceleration Cloud Rendering Service for Multi-GPU Rendering with Powerful Render Nodes: 2/4/6x RTX 3090/3080/2080Ti, provides high computing performance on the model of IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service). Daz 3D and Blender users can easily choose their machine configuration from recommended system requirements to high-end options, which suit all your project demands and will speed up your rendering process many times.
High-end hardware configuration
- Single and Multi-GPU servers: 1/2/4/6x RTX 3090/3080/2080Ti. Especially, NVIDIA RTX 3090 – the most powerful graphic card.
- 10/24 GB vRAM capacity, fitting to the heaviest images and scenes. NVLink/SLI requested for bigger vRAM.
- A RAM capacity of 128/256 GB.
- Storage (NVMe SSD): 512GB/1TB.
- Intel Xeon W-2245 or AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3955WX CPU with a high clock speed of 3.90GHz.
- Incredibly, iRender supports NVLink (Request) which helps you increase the amount of VRAM to 48GB. This is a technology co-developed by Nvidia and IBM with the aim of expanding the data bandwidth between the GPU and CPU 5 to 12 times faster than the PCI Express interface.
Let’s see rendering tests with Daz 3D on multi-GPU at iRender:
- Reasonable price
iRender provides high-end configuration at a reasonable price. You can see that iRender’s package always costs much cheaper than packages of other render farms (in performance/price ratio). Moreover, iRender’s clients will enjoy many attractive promotions and discounts. For example, this October, we offer a promotion for new users and discounted prices for many servers, users will take advantage of these to level up their renders.
SPECIAL OFFER for this October: Get 50% BONUS for all newly registered users.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach us via Whatsapp: +(84) 916017116. Register an ACCOUNT today and get FREE COUPON to experience our service. Or contact us via WhatsApp: +(84) 916017116 for advice and support.
Thank you & Happy Rendering!