Redshift has earned its place in the graphics industry as one of the powerful leading GPU-accelerated render solutions nowadays. It is not only the fastest renderer in the world but it also offers an extensive suite of the most robust features and flexibility of all GPU renderers, supporting 3D professionals and creative studios at different scales as well as integrating with industry-standard CG applications. As a result, Redshift has been increasingly used by numerous professional studios and manufacturers for their projects recently.
In terms of software, Redshift supports a variety of 3D applications such as Maya, 3dsMax, Cinema4D, Houdini, Katana, and Blender. In terms of hardware, Redshift users can easily choose their own suitable machine configuration. As Redshift recommended:
1. Operating system
Redshift is supported on:
- Microsoft Windows: 64-bit Window 7/8/10 or higher
- Linux: 64-bit distribution with Glibc 2.17 or higher.
- MacOS with Nvidia GPU: Sierra (10.12) or High Sierra (10.13)
2. Minimum hardware specifications
- 8GB of system memory
- Processor with SSE2 support (Pentium4 or better)
- For Windows and Linux: NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 3.0 or higher and 8GB of VRAM
- For MacOS with NVidia GPU: NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 3.0 or higher and 8GB of VRAM
- Single GPU
3. Recommended hardware specifications
- 16GB of system memory or more
- Core i7 or Xeon equivalent, 3.0GHz or higher
- For Windows and Linux: NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 7.0 or higher and 8GB of VRAM or higher. We recommended a NVIDIA Quadro, Titan or GeForce RTX GPU for hardware-accelerated ray tracing
- For MacOS with NVidia GPU: NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 6.0 and 8GB of VRAM
Since the recommended Redshift specifications suggested above, iRender provides a cloud rendering package of 6x RTX 2080 Ti, from our point of view, which is the most effective for the Redshift, coming with the following configuration specifications:
- You might be asking why we do not recommend our 6xRTX 3080 and 6xRTX 3090 packages which are both the latest and “most attractive” graphic cards. It is undoubted that you should use these two packages if you can afford them. Because they are really really amazing. However, we not only point out two factors of configuration and performance in this article, but it is also about economic efficiency for users.
Let take a look at our configuration and pricing table:
And the following is the Redshift benchmark table when rendering in iRender’s six cards packages:
Looking at the benefit rate between the unit price and benchmark index of the 6xRTX 2080Ti package with 2 packages of 6xRTX3080 and 6xRTX3090, it can be seen that using the current 6xRTx2080 Ti package is more profitable in terms of price. The reason is that the two new RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 cards are just released for a few months and still in short supply, so their prices are still quite high. Of course, if you are on a tight deadline and need a high performance machine to speed up your project, the 6xRTX 3080 and 6xRTx 3090 package are definitely the top choices. But in case you are simply looking for an economical and time-efficient method, then the 6x RTX2080Ti package is a perfectly worthwhile option.
With all the outstanding advantages mentioned above, you must have found yourself the perfect choice for Redshift renderer. We believe the quality of support we provide is as vital as the technology we deliver. We provide unmatched support tailored to your specific needs and goals. What Redshift users can get from iRender is not only the best quality products but also the high security and the most comfortable render time.
So, do not hesitate anymore to waste your time, please register for an account today to experience our service and reach a new level of cloud rendering. You can contact us via Whatsapp: (+84) 912-515-500/ Skype: iRender Support or email [email protected] for the fastest advice and support.
Thank you & Happy Rendering !