Recently, NVIDIA announced its latest updates to NVIDIA’s Omniverse, its real-time 3D design collaboration platform.
The highlights include new generative Blender AIs add-ons integration with Audio2Face – NVIDIA’s free AI-based tool for generating facial animation from audio.
In addition, the Al-based painting tool Canvas will become part of the Omniverse family, with the next update also making it possible to generate 360-degree environments suitable for use in 3D scenes.
Animators, creators, and developers can use new AI-powered tools to reimagine 3D environments, simulations, and the metaverse — the 3D evolution of the internet.
Based on the Universal Scene Description (USD) framework, the NVIDIA Omniverse platform — which enables the development of metaverse applications — is expanding with Blender enhancements and a new suite of experimental generative AI tools for 3D artists.
Data is exchanged between compatible CAD and DCC applications and Omniverse in USD format, with connector plugins available for tools including 3ds Max, Maya, Revit, Rhino, SketchUp and Unreal Engine.
As well as the Omniverse core, Nvidia has released frontend applications for specific tasks, including Omniverse Create for scene layout and editing, and Omniverse View for scene review.
A new release for Blender, now available in the Omniverse Launcher, is bringing 3D generative AI capabilities to Blender users everywhere. A new panel lets Blender users easily transfer shape keys and rigged characters. The challenge of reattaching a rigged character’s head can now be solved with a one-button operation from Omniverse Audio2Face — an AI-enabled tool that automatically generates realistic facial expressions from an audio file.
Another new panel for scene optimization lets users create USD scenes within their multi-app 3D workflows more easily and in real-time.
In addition, Audio2Face, Audio2Gesture, and Audio2Emotion — generative AI tools that enable instant 3D character animation — are getting performance updates that make it easier for developers and creators to integrate into their current 3D pipelines.
Creators can generate facial expressions from an audio file using Audio2Face; realistic emotions ranging from happy and excited to sad and regretful with Audio2Emotion; and realistic upper-body movement using Audio2Gesture. These audio-to-animation tools are game-changers for 3D artists, eliminating the need to perform tedious, manual tasks.
AI-assisted creator tools are expanding to even more communities of creative and technical professionals. When NVIDIA Canvas was introduced, it empowered artists to seamlessly generate landscapes and iterate on them with simple brushstrokes and AI. Coming soon, all RTX users will be able to download an update to Canvas that introduces 360 surround images to create and conceptualize panoramic environments and beautiful images. The AI ToyBox, which features extensions derived from NVIDIA Research, enables creators to generate 3D meshes from 2D inputs.
- Early access for the Unity Omniverse Connector is now available.
- Blender alpha release, now available in the Omniverse Launcher, enables users to repair geometry, generate automatic UVs and decimate high-resolution CAD data to more usable polycounts.
- Audio2Face, Audio2Emotion and Audio2Gesture updates better enable instant, realistic animation of characters, now available in Omniverse Audio2Face and Omniverse Machinima.
- NVIDIA Canvas is coming soon to the Omniverse Launcher with new capabilities that enable the creation of 360-degree landscapes with simple brushstrokes. Users can import the environments into 3D apps to test different settings and lighting.
- AI ToyBox of experimental tools, built by NVIDIA Research, that include GET3D, an Omniverse extension that generates trainable 3D models from 2D images, letting developers use their own datasets to rapidly create models for 3D virtual worlds, is now available in the Omniverse Extension Manager.
- Thousands of new, free 3D assets are now available worldwide for users to build and create within Omniverse.
iRender is proud to be a professional GPU Accelerated Cloud Rendering Service provider in HPC optimization for Render, CGI, and VFX tasks with more than 25,000 clients. We are appreciated in many global rankings (e.g. CGDirector, Lumion Official, Radarrender, InspirationTuts CAD, All3DP, BlenderBaseCamp, VFX Rendering.)
Our service for Omniverse
We provide high-configuration dedicated servers (physical machines/computers) that are specifically configured and optimized for GPU rendering. Our GPU machines are built with 1/2/4/8x RTX 3090 and 2/4x RTX 4090 (the new server package that we just released). Also, they all have a strong AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX CPU, which provides increased performance together with GPU.
One of the developers from Nvidia’s Omniverse, Pekka has chosen iRender service. And thanks to him to make the instruction video for Omniverse users. Check it out here: