For Houdini, there is a growing list of tools for you to work quickly and efficiently inside the program. From workflow plug-ins to asset libraries with massive pre-made content that you can export into Houdini and use them for your projects. And Megascans asset inside Houdini will help to work very much.
Megascans is a huge library like that. So, how to set up Megascans assets inside Houdini? Discover with iRender below.
1. Operating system: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
2. Houdini 17.5, 18 and 18.5
3. Renderers: the latest versions of Mantra, Arnold, Redshift, Renderman, Octane
4. It also provides the following additional features to speed up your workflow:
- Atlas splitting
- Asset scattering
- LODs set up for 3D assets
- Apply motion to Plant assets
- Ability to import Megascans assets to USD stage if you work with Houdini Solaris and the following renderers:
Plugin installation is part of Bridge Export Settings. These settings are global and once set up, will not need to be changed too often.
You can install the plugin in 3 ways:
- Setting up the plugin when you launch Bridge after installing it for the first time on your machine.
- Through Export Settings.
- Through the Manage Plugins option in the Edit menu.
Note: Make sure Houdini is closed before installing the plugin.
When you launch Houdini, you will see a new Megascans drop down menu in the Houdini menu bar.
Clicking “Megascans Plugin” from the dropdown will launch the plugin window. From here you can select the “Renderer” and “Material Type”.
1. Open Houdini, go to Megascans > Megascans Plugin and on the UI select your Renderer and any other options that you may want to set before exporting assets from Bridge.
Note: It’s important to specify your Renderer so that the plugin knows how to set up the asset once it has been imported.
2. In Bridge, go to the Local filter in the left panel to export a downloaded asset. Make sure Houdini is running.
3. Click the Quick Export icon or hit the Export button.
As soon as you click on Export in Bridge your asset should pop up in your Houdini scene.
Megascans with its vast and expanding library of 3D assets are easily exported to Houdini through Bridge. It allows Houdini users to simplify the creative process.
However, you still need a strong workstation to work efficiently and quickly. iRender offers a more accessible solution for all artists to speed up their render and optimize the workflow, that is GPU Cloud Rendering. We support both Single-GPU and Multi-GPU Rendering with Powerful Render Nodes: 1/2/4/6/8x RTX 3090 for all your needs.
High-end configuration: NVIDIA RTX 3090 and AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3955WX @ 3.90GHz, and with reasonable price. However, we are more than that. With a variety of useful features (Fixed Rental, Clone, NV Link, APIs, Process monitoring, etc) and dedicated support from our team, we want to bring to you not only the best quality products but also the most comfortable render time and experience.
Thank you & Happy Rendering!
Source and image: quixel.com