What’s new in Daz Studio 4.20
The latest update for Daz Studio — Studio 4.20 — delivers a collection of features and improvements that are sure to add a new level of depth and detail to your renders.
Most notably, Daz Studio 4.20 supports volumetric rendering in Iray, offering enhanced control over a variety of 3D effects. Rather than creating the illusion of clouds or fog, these effects can now exist as volumes in your scenes.
What is Volumetric Rendering?
Volumetric rendering covers a variety of effects made possible through the implementation of “volumetric” data, or in other words, data discretized on three-dimensional grids. This can include things like clouds, smoke, fire, and more. In simple terms, these effects become 3D objects contained within your scene.
In the past, effects like these were often added in post-processing. This involved adding 2D images with transparency into the scene and manipulating them to appear like they were actually there. While careful and skilled editing can produce great results using this method, it’s certainly not ideal.
With Studio 4.20, you no longer need to bother with the tedious creation of these “faked” effects thanks to volumetric rendering in Iray and VDB support.
Add New Depth to Your Renders with VDB Support
Soar through the clouds, drop meteors from the heavens, and set your scenes ablaze with the volumetric rendering capabilities included in the latest Iray integration for Daz Studio 4.20, featuring VDB file support.
Whether you’re importing your own VDB files (filename.vdb) or using imaginative new products made by Daz Published Artists, VDB support allows you to add a variety of effects to your scenes to create incredible 3D artwork like never before. The 4.20 update also adds a new shader to the Default Resources for Daz Studio that allows you to load VDB files and create your own effects.
Want to experience the impact VDB files have firsthand?
This KA Rocket Launch VDB offers a great introduction to volumetric effects with a collection of rocket flames and VDB smoke
Other Features & Fixes
While volumetric effects are the star of this update, you’ll also find several other new additions and fixes to enjoy. Here are a few highlights from the Daz Studio 4.20 release notes:
- Updated to the latest version of Iray (2021.1.0). In addition to volumetric rendering, this also adds guided sampling which should speed up the rendering of those dark corners of your scene.
- Create your own volumetric effects. A new shader has been added to the Default Resources for Daz Studio that allows you to load VDB files and create your own effects.
- A fully supported ghost light solution. Ghost lights used to be dependent on bugs in Iray and would stop working when those bugs got fixed. However, this release provides ways to create lights and flag them to have fully supported ghost lights that will keep working even as Iray is updated.
- Scripting API additions. Scripts built with these new functions will be forward-compatible with the upcoming Studio 5 release.
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements. This release has been in beta for about three months, giving it plenty of time for bug fixing and stability improvements.
The professional cloud rendering service for Daz 3D
iRender is a GPU-Acceleration Cloud Rendering Service for Multi-GPU Rendering with Powerful Render Nodes: 2/4/6/8x RTX 3090. iRender provides High-performance machines for GPU-based & CPU-based rendering on the Cloud. For Daz 3D users can leverage the power of single GPU, multi GPUs to speed up your render time. Users can easily choose their machine configuration from recommended system requirements to high-end options.
Reasonable price (lots of bonus)
You will be charged on a per-minute basis. However, you can always save up to 20% with our Fixed Rental feature. For those who are in need of the server for more than a day, or have extremely large projects, we advise choosing daily/weekly/monthly or even yearly rental packages. The discount is attractive (10% for daily packages, 20% for weekly and monthly packages)
Real human 24/7 support
Our support is always online 24/7, helping you to handle the problem quickly, effectively, saving you both time and money.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach us via Whatsapp: +(84) 972755742. Register an ACCOUNT today and get FREE COUPON to experience our service. Or contact us via WhatsApp: +(84) 972755742 for advice and support.
iRender – Happy rendering
Source & pictures: Daz3Dblog
The latest creative news from Daz3d Cloud Rendering, Redshift Cloud Rendering, Nvidia Iray Cloud Rendering , Octane Cloud Rendering, 3D VFX Plugins & Cloud Rendering.