iClone is a real-time 3D animation software that includes character animation, scene design, cinematic storytelling, and much more, in one real-time engine.
And Iray is available as a rendering plug-in for iClone. Iray Render Plug-in allows for the creation of state-of-the-art workflow with access to photorealistic and physically-based 3D rendering technology by simulating real-world physical behaviors of light and materials.
Besides, Iray also supports Character Creator 3 for still art rendering. Character Creator can create realistic-looking, animation-ready 3D human characters for use with iClone and other 3D tools.
This video is made with iClone, the Iray plug-in, and Character Creator.
This article will shout out key features of Iray Render Plug-in. And then, you will know the reason we should choose Iray Render Plug-in for IClone and Character Creator. Let’s explore with iRender team!
Interactive mode yields high-speed realistic rendering that can handle most naturalistic visuals including metallic surfaces and subsurface scattering. Photo-real mode goes a step beyond advanced effects like caustics, reflections, refractions, and complex global illumination at the expense of time.
Iray provides a full range of lighting techniques including High Dynamic Range Image-based Lighting, emissive materials, physically-based Sun, and Sky. At the fundamental level, common directional, point, and spotlight systems can be easily converted from iClone light props.
Image-based Lighting (IBL) is a 3D rendering technique that uses High Dynamic Range (HDR) images to provide 3D scenes with highly-detailed, real-world lighting. You can synchronize sky textures to IBL images, create your own IBL maps from 3D scenes, and then blend and animate them to achieve dynamic lighting effects.
Mesh Light for Iray is a highly versatile lighting system defined by emissive materials from scene objects. Emissive materials emit light across their surface area. They contribute to bounce lighting in your scene and the associated properties such as color and intensity can be changed using iClone glow maps.
Iray features an advanced sun and sky system based on the highly accurate atmospheric simulation. Compute blue skies and red sunsets while abiding to physical laws of nature or render any time of the day realistically and expeditiously.
IES stands for Illuminating Engineering Society. The IES standard file format was created for the electronic transfer of photometric data over the web. It has been widely used by many lighting manufacturers and is one of the industry standards in photo-metric data distribution.
Iray for iClone plugin translates cameras directly into Iray while retaining key attributes such as positioning, aspect ratio, depth of field (DOF), and FOV. Realistic camera effects can be achieved with a combination of Iray tone mapping, white balance, bloom, exposure value (EV), and render passes.
* Motion Blur is not supported in the current version of Iray.
- Includes tools like Zoom, Fast Scale, and Auto-fit to Window.
- Pause and resume the render to focus system resources when needed.
- Copy and Paste rendered image to another application.
- Direct access to render passes.
- Set background transparency and include alpha channels in supporting image formats.
- Adjustable sample times and the ability to adjust render iterations anytime.
- Turn on auto-refresh for interactive rendering or turn it off to eke out performance.
- Memory status indicator.
- Hardware assignment.
- Nvidia AI-accelerated denoiser for spotless image creation at record speeds.
- Iray supports any number or combination of GPUs and CPUs running within the same machine and gives you fine-grain control over allocation. This makes multi-GPU systems the preferred choice for Iray applications.
That’s why iRender server is appropriate to boost performance in the rendering process in Iray Render. We provide high-performance servers with many CPUs & GPUs, you will access our servers through Remote Desktop Application. And then, you will take full control of the remote machines.