Getting started with Octane Render for Cinema 4D at iRender
As people know, Octane Render is a physical-based render engine developed by OTOY. Furthermore, it is the world’s first and fastest unbiased, spectrally correct GPU render engine, delivering quality and speed unrivaled by any production renderer on the market. In addition, this render engine completely relies on the GPU for rendering performance and scales extremely well.
Let’s explore how to use Octane Render for Cinema 4D on iRender server in this article.
Let’s start with Octane Render for Cinema 4D
Firstly, you should create an iRender account via this link. After that pick one server, I highly recommend multiple servers: GPU server 5, 8, or 9. Then you connect server, go to otoy.com and click the download OctaneRender plugin.
Therefore, you sign in to your Otoy account. Depending on which version of Octane you have (Enterprise or Studio), the Select Software list will populate with a number of options.
Besides, you have to make sure that c4dOctane folder will come with several versions of the plugin in it. That’s why you need to delete the .xlib files (Mac) or .xdl64 files (Windows) for the versions of the software you are not using to avoid any loading issues.
Next step, you open C4D, and go to Edit>Preferences. Then in the bottom left, click the Open Preferences Folder… button to reveal the preferences location in Windows Explorer or Mac’s Finder.
Last, you find the plugins folder and move the c4doctane (Windows) or C4D-OctaneX-(…version number for Mac) into the plugins folder, then restart Cinema 4D.
If all goes well, you should log in when you launch Cinema 4D application. Here you’ll see an Octane menu at the top of the interface.
Troubleshooting and Solutions
Firstly, if you launch Cinema4D and the startup is stuck on “Initializing”
Go to check your c4doctane folder. It must be confirmed you’ve deleted the RXX files that do not match the Cinema4D version you are using.
Secondly, you can see Octane in the menu but you can’t click it.
Above all, Cinema4D is the latest version. Check to see by clicking Help > Check for Updates in the C4D menu.
Thirdly, if you get a CUDA 700 render error.
Check to see if your NVIDIA driver is updated. Next, check to see if your OS is updated.
Fourthly, if you get “VCOMP***.DLL was not found” error
Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest version with Architecture X86 + X64 and install both.
To sum up, if you still get issues, contact to Otoy support team at [email protected] or chat with us via Helpdesk. Read more about OctaneRender for CINEMA 4D manual here.
iRender’s users work with Octane Render for Cinema4D
iRender team works with many Taiwan Studios. Especially some studios are our Prime customers:
- Muzixiii Studio – 3D design-oriented animation studio. They create stories and product content around us for customers through the process of visualization.
- Bito – design-driven motion graphic production studio. They bring innovative content, which visualizes the brand’s uniqueness in a way that reflects today’s trends and styles.
Besides, Korea Studios who use Octane Render for Cinema 4D mainly are iRender regular users. I need to mention these Prime customers here:
- 2GREY – creative studio specializing in the field of design, film & visual arts. They design a unique, immersive world filled with fascinating visuals, stories, and moments.
- dotmill – company leading the paradigm of the domestic immersive media content market. They create new values by members with different talents.
Europe and around the World
Not only in Asia areas, but iRender’s Prime customers are also from Germany, Frace, Poland, Sweden, and around Europe. Here’s a list of outstanding customers:
- Petty Detail specializes in producing grounded still and moving imagery, shaping memorable experiences together with like-minded artists all over the world.
- Ufomammoot – an independent digital agency based in Berlin. They are creating unique brand experiences by combining innovative concepts with technology. Let’s visit a website. It will be an excellent experience.
- H2O-Creative – a digital marketing communications agency, bursting with drive and ideas for clients to thrive.
In conclusion, we have many users from around the world and use iRender server every single day. Our dedicated servers are perfect for when you need immediate access to your own render farm or need the ability to scale render power quickly. These servers operate the same as having a render farm at your desk and are available from any location.
It’s time to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and give us A TRY!
Contact Candace to get a coupon for a trial via Whatsapp/Telegram: +84 0394000881 or email: [email protected]
The latest creative news from Cinema 4D Cloud Rendering , Redshift Cloud Rendering, Octane Cloud Rendering, 3D VFX Plugins & Cloud Rendering.