Most Render Farms – no matter what they are pursue the main steps as follows:
- Clone Repository to Cloud
- Scene Analysis
- Download Results
Today we go into details about step 2, the other ones will be referred in the next posts.
Learn about step 1 here
First of all, let’s see what does the Scene include?
This subject is quite complicated.
If you want to go into details, you can refer to this link: https://all3dp.com/3d-file-format-3d-files-3d-printer-3d-cad-vrml-stl-obj/
Most Scenes contain: Data and Metadata
* Metadata is “data that provides information about other data“. In other words, it is “data about data”. Many distinct types of metadata exist, including: descriptive metadata, structural metadata, administrative metadata, reference metadata and statistical metadata…
This part contains the data that describes “Data” including:
– reference paths of files needed to build the scene: geometry files, geometry lists, material, map, source and property files…
– information on the types, versions of the plugins used in the scene…
*Data are characteristics or information about the objects that form the Scene, and many more are not covered in this post.
The problem is, the analysis for the Scene must be smart and fast enough to read and filter all information in the Metadata.
1. Read all the information about the Texture, Reference File, and then compare them with the data in the Cloud.
Immediately warning the artist of missing assets, automatically find and collect them under the artist’s permission.
(This is really useful if the number of missing assets is more than 10 files, and they are completely located in different drives with complex directory structures such as: D:\3dsmax_projects\98-mars-photorealistic-2k\Textures\Textures2019\TreeObj\….)
2. Automatically detect and correct the reference paths of the Scene leading to the necessary elements if the elements already exist in the Cloud but have the wrong reference paths with a view to saving time for the artist.
Just imagine that we will automatically re-path and re-package your project again in order to help you have the right output. This is helpful because of avoiding a lot of errors during rendering.
3. Automatically notify users about incompatibility of the types or versions of plugins… included in your Scene that our Render Farm supports or does not support to minimize risks in your rendering process.
We always keep in mind our core value of caring for the people together with their creative joy. Therefore, we hope the features of our product we are trying our best to improve will help 3D artists become more flexible as well as have more fun in creation.
Sincerely thank you!