Hello every artist, especially Animators and VFX artists, as you guys know Autodesk Maya, which commonly shortened to just Maya, is a 3D computer graphics application with powerful character creation, rigging, animation, and simulation tools. Maya software developed by Alias Systems Corporation and currently owned and developed by Autodesk. Moreover, it can create the best effects, fantasy characters and minimize the cost of creating a movie with a highly customizable language.
Certainly, almost all of you know about Redshift software. This renderer is not only the world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer but also it is now part of the Maxon family. Redshift is developed by three key staff including Nicolas Burtnyk, Panagiotis (Panos) Zompolas, and Rob Slater. Three people are talented and have an important position in the development of Redshift’s success. Redshift develops high-performance rendering technologies for the media and entertainment industries. Furthermore, award-winning Redshift by Maxon is a GPU-accelerated renderer built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering.
By the way, Redshift is built into Autodesk Maya, which makes shader configuration easy with node-based workflow.
Redshift works with a number of industry-standard applications including Autodesk Maya for seamless integration into your pipeline. Here is Maya software version supported by Redshift:
- Autodesk Maya (Windows, Linux): 64-bit edition. 2014 or later
- Autodesk Maya (macOS): 64-bit edition. 2016.5 or later
There are key features with Maya:
- Instancer: Support for Autodesk’s extension for node managing instances of scene objects created by a MASH network.
- XGen: Support for Autodesk’s own geometry instancer for Maya.
- Ornatrix Maya: Support for the super popular hair, fur, and feathers plug-in for Maya.
- PL Yeti: Support for the popular fur, hair, and feathers tool-set for Maya.
- Joe Alter: Support for Shave and a Haircut the veteran Maya hair and fur plugin.
- Golaem: Support for the popular crowd simulation software for Maya.
- Microsoft Windows: 64-bit Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Linux® Red Hat® Enterprise 8.2, 7.6-7.9 WS operating system
- Linux® CentOS 8.2, 7.6-7.9 operating system
- Apple macOS: Big Sur (11.3) or higher
- Nvidia Guide for Virtualization with GRID & VMWare
For Autodesk Maya
- CPU: 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor with SSE4.2 instruction set Apple Mac models with M series chip is supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
- Graphics Hardware: Refer to the following pages for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards: Maya Certified Hardware.
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended).
- Disk Space: 6 GB of free disk space for install.
- Pointing Device: Three-button mouse
- 16GB of system memory or more
- Core i7 or Xeon equivalent, 3.0GHz or higher
- For Windows and Linux: NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 7.0 or higher and 10GB of VRAM or more. We recommend an NVIDIA Quadro, Titan or GeForce RTX GPU for hardware-accelerated ray tracing
- For macOS: Apple M1 or AMD “Navi” or “Vega” GPU with 8GB VRAM or more. See GPU list below
- Multiple GPUs
As I know, multiple graphic cards can boost performance or speed up the rendering process in Redshift for Maya. Therefore, iRender provides servers with powerful GPUs: 6x RTX 3080, 6x RTX 3090. Here are the configuration specifications:
Our server is not only passed through minimum System Requirements, but it also brings effective features for use.
- We have servers with multiple strong GPUs uniformity: Ndivia 6x RTX 3080 and 6x RTX 3090. Redshift can be configured to use all compatible GPUs on our machine.
- Our servers have RAM 128 GB up to 256GB. While the exact amount of RAM you need is going to depend on your particular projects, for Redshift or Maya, they just recommend from 8GB to 16GB. So it fully meets user’s needs. Besides, we provide storage (NVMe SSD) up to 512GB.
- iRender’s servers use Nvidia GPUs with a VRAM capacity from 11GB up to 24 GB. It passes through the minimum and recommended requirements of Redshift.
- In Redshift, as well as most other GPU-based engines, the CPU does not play a direct role in the process of rendering scenes. It does have a small impact on the time spent loading a scene, but that is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things. However, if you are also using the same system for modeling or animation – in a program like Autodesk Maya – then you will want a CPU with a high clock speed in order to ensure good performance in those applications. Therefore, Dual Xeon E5-2673 v3 (24 cores) processor has also completely met work with Redshift for Maya and does multiple tasks.
- Currently, iRender provides service with two operating systems: 64-bit Windows 10 and 64-bit distribution Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with glibc 2.27, ensuring the recommended operating system that Redshift with Maya offers.
Let’s watch at Redshift benchmark when rendering in iRender’s six graphic cards via the video below:
And you can see the the benefit about the time when you use iRender’s packages:
In general, rent a Cloud GPU server and take advantage of easy and cost effective scaling up the hardware infrastructure. Perfect for all your GPU render like Redshift for Autodesk Maya. It depends on your project and your budget, you pick one of the packages to accelerate the rendering process.
We support almost all software or render engines that can run on Windows or Ubuntu. You just need to install software that you want on our servers. Moreover, you just install them only one time when you connect to servers for the first time. All the applications you installed are saved and preserved on the system image.
GPUhub-sync is a tool that we developed to transfer files via it the same as Google drive, Dropbox, Wetransfer, etc. After uploading data to the tool, they will be automatically synchronized to the Z drive which is a network drive on the remote server. Depending on the amount of data you upload, it will take time to sync them to the remote server.
In addition, you can use GPUhub-sync for free and even can use it without booting our server. You don’t pay for the time that syncs files to a server or from Z driver to GPUhub-sync. Furthermore, you can have a storage of GPUhub-sync/Z drive up to 1TB free.
Note: You should pack all of the files which are necessary when you transfer from your pc to the remote server. Do like that you do not worry about the missing files.
We provide plenty of both GPU and CPU servers for you. They are very powerful and top-of-the-line hardware cause we always try to upgrade configurations regularly.
You retain complete control of our server. Do not share the performance of configuration with others while you use it.
You can pay for the time (per minute, per hour) that you have used on our server. However, if you want to use our service regularly, you can choose a long-term plan to get more discount. That suggestion is suitable for studios or companies who have large projects or a lot of work to do. You can save from 30% to 50% with the Fixed rental feature.
The daily price is 30% off the hourly price. The weekly and monthly price is 50% off the hourly price, for every server.
The team is very supportive all the time. So if you have any problems, you will be supported immediately. You can contact your own assistant or support team at iRender when you need them. We will try to handle your issue on time and you just focus on your creative projects. Besides, we have a clear policy for specific refund cases. You can refer to it here: Term & Conditions.
The Prime customers, who are premium members, top-up from 1500$. You have not to activate the key every time you use our server and deactivate the key before shutting down. This ensures keeping the entire number of resets.
Read more here: How to use iRender Redshift license.
With all of the advantages that we provide, I think you can choose the best package for your needs and your budget at iRender. We not only have powerful configurations, but also we have excellent service with a great support team. In addition, we want to bring a comfortable and helpful feeling to all customers. They will always be satisfied when they use our service.
Finally, you can get more images to get done in time. Do not worry about your deadline, just focus on your project, from now with iRender.
Let’s register HERE right now and reach out to the best service that you have never known before.
You’re in trouble with rendering speed? Okay, we’ve got you!