Modo is a 3D modeling and animation software that includes powerful and flexible sculpting, texturing, lighting, and rendering toolsets. Modo is used by artists around the world to create assets and shots for various industries including animation, VFX, games, architecture and design.
Modo is a commercial modeling tool, which ships with its own CPU-based rendering engine. In addition to it, two more 3rd party engines are available: VRay and Maxwell Renderer. Modo is tightly integrated with the other tools developed by The Foundry: Nuke, Mari and Katana. And in today’s article, let’s together learn about Vray and one of the great solutions to get the best rendering performance: cloud rendering service for Modo with Vray from iRender.
- The industry’s fastest modeling toolset
With fast direct modeling, flexible procedural modeling, the award-winning MeshFusion Boolean toolset and built-in sculpting tools all working together, Modo’s modeling moxie is unmatched.
- A sandbox for creative exploration
Free yourself from creativity-killing constraints, with Modo’s intuitive, artist-friendly toolset. From roughing out volumes to creating highly detailed forms, Modo lets you focus on creation, not construction.
- Faster iterations
With its advanced photorealistic viewport and progressive renderer, and WYSIWYG look-dev for Unity and Unreal, Modo lets you visualize your designs as you develop them, so you can discover their ultimate potential in less time.
- A custom fit for your workflow
Build your own kit of specialized tools by combining different operations, with Modo’s flexible tool assembly system. With Modo, every job you do becomes easier, as you continually develop new efficiencies.
- Out-of-the-box value
Modo offers modeling, sculpting, texturing, painting and photorealistic rendering in one cohesive, easy-to-use content creation package, with unlimited network rendering capabilities included.
Powerful rendering for Modo artists. V-Ray is a complete interactive lighting, shading and rendering toolkit, giving you full control over the entire creative process, from real-time look development to the final frame. V-Ray for Modo seamlessly integrates production-proven rendering capabilities into Modo’s native workflow.
Choose between multi-core CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering for complete creative control and fast results. Built to handle the toughest projects and biggest scenes, the V-Ray plug-in for Modo is designed to fit into any production pipeline. Using Vray Next for Modo bring you a lot of advantages and we could mention some as below:
- Design more, click less.
V-Ray® Next for Modo features lighting workflows that leverage adaptive learning techniques, allowing you to save time and efforts with the analysis of your scene. V-Ray also allows for a smooth transfer of assets between Modo and other applications such as 3ds Max and Maya enabling you to finalize your scenes in your preferred environment.
- Massive speed boost in V-Ray GPU.
V-Ray Next for Modo introduces new GPU architecture to achieve superior performance. New shaders pump up the render speed too and in addition GPU becomes 2x faster. Plus with the improved V-Ray Denoiser, you can denoise each render element for even more control in post-production.
- Create stunning artwork with new powerful effects.
Spice up your designs with some new lens and motion blur effects common for digital and cell phone cameras. V-Ray Next for Modo also comes with new options for advanced line control enabling you to create non-photorealistic, cartoon and cel-shading effects.
- Processor: 1st Gen Intel® Core™ or compatible processor with SSE4.2 support (x64)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM and 4 GB swap minimum – recommended 8 GB or more RAM, 8 GB or more swap file
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (64-bit versions only), Apple ® Mac OS ® X 10.13, 10.12
- Modo: 901, 902, 10.0 series, 11.0 series, 12.0 series, 13.0 series and 14.0
- TCP/IP: Only IPv4 is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported.
- GPU Support : Maxwell-, Pascal-, Volta- and Turing-based NVIDIA card(s) with latest video driver or at least version 441.28
The minimum required compute capability is 5.2*
As you may know, you can choose between multi-core CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering for complete creative control and fast results.
If you want to render your project with CPU rendering, iRender also provides CPU servers with unmatched speed for rendering Vray rendering with Dual Xeon E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50 GHZ, 20 cores, 40 threads, RAM 128 GB, Storage 256 GB and a Geforce GPU Nvidia 1050 2GB, which is totally higher than recommended system requirements. As a result, users will be satisfied with CPU server performance at iRender.
With GPU rendering, we have options for a multi-card server GPU packages with details below:
These servers are the ultimate online solution for Vray for Modo rendering allowing up to multiple, powerful GPU multi-card servers. And, you can control the power and performance for the highest level customization and configuration in application resource usage. These servers are the premier solutions to maximize your advantage when you need it most – to win the project, to meet the impossible deadline, or pivot your visual direction with unparalleled speed.
With the mentioned system configuration requirements for the Vray render for Modo, you may consider investing in your own machine or upgrading your existing computer. Or another attractive option is to use the service at iRender to get great advantages. Why we can confirm so:
- As you all know, iRender provides high performance and configurable server system to customers who need to utilize the power of CPU & GPU such as 3D rendering, AI training, VR&AR, simulation, etc. With iRender IaaS and PaaS services, you can access our server through the Remote Desktop Application and do whatever you want and install any software you need on it. It is like you are using your own computer but with a powerful configuration and much higher performance. In particular, you only need to install the software for the first time, the next time you connect to the computer everything is ready for you to use.
- You can use iRender’s machines to render, and use yours for other purposes (such as designing or editing other files). This could save you time a lot, especially when you have a large project and a deadline is coming.
- iRender provides you powerful configuration packages with high performance that can speed up your rendering and improve your job quality. These are configurations of multi-card GPU servers that you should take into consideration if you want to have great performance with Vray for Modo. And it also depends on the scale of your project to decide which is the most suitable server package.
- Another great feature that iRender brings to customers is day/ week/month rental packages with high discounts (20% for daily packages, 40% on weekly and monthly packages) which is extremely beneficial for regular long-term users or large projects.
- Real human 24/7 support service, helping you to handle the problem quickly, effectively, saving you both time and money.
With the benefits iRender gives you as well as the configuration that is very suitable for every Modo version, do not hesitate to use the service at iRender to have a great experience with your rendering time. Register for an account today to experience iRender Cloud Rendering Service for Modo with Vray render. Or contact us via WhatsApp: (+84) 912 515 500/ email [email protected] for advice and support.