We’ve got an overview of 3ds Max in our previous post. So today this article will be the first in a series of articles that will go deeper into the configuration packages suitable for 3ds Max’s render engines. As you probably know, 3ds Max has render engine options such as Arnold (Autodesk/Solid Angle), Iray (NVIDIA), Redshift (Redshift RenderingTechnologies), V-Ray RT (Chaos Group), Octane (Otoy),… And today, let’s find out if you are a 3ds Max user and choose to render with Arnold, which cloud render server packages for 3ds Max in iRender will be most suitable.
Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects. Originally co-developed with Sony Pictures Imageworks and now their main renderer, Arnold is used at over 300 studios worldwide including ILM, Framestore, MPC, The Mill and Digic Pictures. Arnold was the primary renderer on dozens of films from Monster House and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to Pacific Rim and Gravity. It is available as a standalone renderer on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, with supported plug-ins for Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Cinema 4D, and Katana. It is the built-in interactive renderer for Maya and 3ds Max.
Arnold for 3ds Max (MAXtoA) is included with a default install of 3ds Max, supporting interactive rendering from the interface. The installation file for MAXtoA is provided in the 3ds Max <version>\plugins\MAXtoA folder. When installed, Arnold will be an optional renderer you can choose in the Render Setup dialog. You can also download and install MAXtoA directly from the Solid Angle website.
In fact, Arnold works well on most 64-bit systems with minimum OS requirements:
- OSX 10.11 or later
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable
- Linux with at least glibc 2.12 and libstdc++ 3.4.13 (gcc 4.4.7). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 6
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above
- Arnold GPU works on Linux and Windows and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture.
As you may know, GPU rendering is supported with Arnold 6.0 and higher. Previous versions of Arnold do not support GPU rendering.
With old versions of Arnold which is just supported with CPU rendering, iRender also provides CPU servers with unmatched speed for rendering with Dual Xeon E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50 GHZ, 20 cores, 40 threads, RAM 128 GB, Storage 256 GB and a Geforce GPU Nvidia 1050 2GB, which is totally higher than recommended system requirements. As a result, Arnold users will be satisfied with CPU server performance at iRender.
With Arnold 6.0 and higher, we have options for a multi-card server GPU packages with details below:
These servers are the ultimate online solution for Arnold rendering allowing up to multiple, powerful GPU multi-card server. And, you can control the power and performance for the highest level customization and configuration in application resource usage. These servers are the premier solutions to maximize your advantage when you need it most – to win the project, to meet the impossible deadline, or pivot your visual direction with unparalleled speed.
With the mentioned system configuration requirements for the Arnold, you may consider investing in your own machine or upgrading your existing computer. Or another attractive option is to use the service at iRender to get great advantages. Why we can confirm so:
- As you all know, iRender provides high performance and configurable server system to customers who need to utilize the power of CPU & GPU such as 3D rendering, AI training, VR&AR, simulation, etc. With iRender IaaS and PaaS services, you can access our server through the Remote Desktop Application and do whatever you want and install any software you need on it. It is like you are using your own computer but with a powerful configuration and much higher performance. In particular, you only need to install the software for the first time, the next time you connect to the computer everything is ready for you to use.
- You can use iRender’s machines to render, and use yours for other purposes (such as designing or editing other files). This could save you time a lot, especially when you have a large project and a deadline is coming.
- iRender provides you powerful configuration packages with high performance can speed up your rendering and improve your job quality. These are configurations of multi-card GPU servers that you should take into consideration if you want to have great performance with Arnold. And it also depends on the scale of your project to decide which is the most suitable one.
- Another great feature that iRender brings to customers is day/ week/month rental packages with high discounts (up to 30% for daily packages, 50% on weekly packages, and 60% on monthly packages) which is extremely beneficial for regular long-term users or large projects.
- Real human 24/7 support service, helping you to handle the problem quickly, effectively, saving you both time and money.
With the benefits iRender gives you as well as the configuration that is very suitable for every Arnold version, do not hesitate to use the service at iRender to have a great experience with your rendering time. Register for an account today to experience our service. Or contact us via WhatsApp: (+84) 912 515 500/ email [email protected] for advice and support.
iRender – Happy Rendering!